The Commonwealth Public Service Intern program offers paid internships in state agencies leading to rewarding careers in public service.
Students that complete a flexible six-month internship and graduate with a bachelor’s degree will be hired into a full-time position – guaranteed!
- Flexible path from internship to employment
- Opportunities available year-round
- Fulfilling career in public service
- Earn money through a paid internship
- Opportunities in a wide variety of fields
- Current enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college/university in a declared bachelor’s degree program
- Successful completion of at least 30 college credits at time of application
- Anticipated successful completion of at least 60 college credits at the time of hire
- Meet PA residency requirements for civil service employment
You don’t have to be from PA or live here year-round to be considered a resident! For example, you qualify as a PA resident if you:
- Are a student from another state who is currently residing at and enrolled in a PA college, university, or technical school, and have a PA mailing address
- Lived in PA before leaving to attend school in another state and have a PA mailing address.