Commonwealth Public Service Intern
The Commonwealth Public Service Intern (CPSI) program provides a pathway for college students into commonwealth employment.
Individuals who successfully complete a six month internship and graduate with a bachelor’s degree are promoted into a full-time trainee or working level job title in a variety of occupations.
- Current enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college/university in a declared bachelor’s degree program
- Successful completion of at least 30 college credits at time of application
- Anticipated successful completion of at least 60 college credits at the time of hire
- Meets PA residency requirements for civil service employment
Internship opportunities are available starting in the summer, fall and spring. The timeline for summer 2016 internships is below.
- Jan. 20, 2016: Intern Training plans (see completed example) are due to Shelly Forte in the Office of Administration.
- Jan. 29, 2016: Deadline for student applications
- Feb. 22, 2016: Agencies request civil service lists using the SCSC 90 and listing the desired majors in the remarks section of the form.
- Feb. 25, 2016: Agencies begin to survey the candidates within five days via email or phone and schedule interviews.
- Early March: Agencies make final selections.
Students apply through the State Civil Service Commission’s website under Job Seekers > Open Test Announcements > Internships and Summer Employment > Students apply through the State Civil Service Commission’s website under Job Seekers > Open Test Announcements > Internships and Summer Employment > Commonwealth Public Service Intern
Shelly Forte of the Office of Administration is available to assist with questions about the CPSI and can be contacted at 717.783.2224 or email@example.com