Internship opportunities are available starting in the summer, fall and spring.
The timeline for spring and summer 2017 internships is below.
|November 1, 2016
Deadline for student applications.
Agencies contact applicants to determine interest in internship and schedule interviews.
Agencies make final selections
- Review the CPSI job announcement and download the participation form for your school to complete.
- Go to the State Civil Service Commission website and register online by selecting Online Services.
- After registering and logging in, select View Open Announcements and Apply.
- Enter 2016032 into the Test Announcement Number and select Next Page. Or, scroll to the bottom of the page and select test announcement 2016-032 for Commonwealth Public Service Intern.
- Complete and submit an online application. You can use these step-by-step instructions, with screen shots, to navigate the online application.
- Ask an authorized school official (i.e. academic adviser, registrar, student records coordinator, associate professor and chair, etc.) to submit the participation form to email@example.com within 20 days of the online application.
- You will receive a Notification of Examination Results in the mail regarding the status of your application. The notification will tell you if you are eligible for the CPSI. You may also periodically log in to your Online Services account to check the status of your application.
- If you meet the requirements for the internship, you will be contacted by state agencies determine your interest and availability for a specific Commonwealth Public Service Intern vacancy.
- Typically, you will receive an Availability Survey/Interview Notice form in the mail to complete. However, state agencies may elect to contact you by phone or email.
- It is very important that you respond by established due dates. Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered for any potential job opportunities.
- State agencies will coordinate directly with you to schedule an interview for any potential internship opportunities.
- If you are hired, you will complete a structured six month internship program. Following successful completion of the program, you will be promoted into a full-time commonwealth position.